Monday, April 17, 2017

Collaberate: Tool of Choice (Google Hangouts) Grade 3-6

ISTE Standards
Global Collaborator: I strive to broaden my perspective, understand others and work effectively in teams using digital tools.
EdTech Standards
Standard 5
Use technology tools (e.g., multimedia authoring, presentation, web tools, digital cameras, scanners) for individual and collaborative writing, communication, and publishing activities to create knowledge products for audiences inside and outside the classroom. (3, 4)
Core Standards
Standard 2
The students will adopt health-promoting and risk-reducing behaviors to prevent substance abuse.

I really enjoyed exploring this tool. The way that I imagined this being used in my classroom was for a police officer to talk to the class. For the standards it fits because it is understanding others and using digital tools, it uses web tools to communication and creating more knowledge, and in this case would help the students know how to avoid substance abuse because the police officer would talk them through it. This tool is very easy to use and I love what google has to offer because you have so many tools all in one place. Not only could you use this for a police officer face to face, but you could also have an author, artist, athlete, etc. talk to your class as well.

It is important for kids to learn from police officers about how to stay safe. They will learn a lot of different ways to keep themselves safe, and they can get creative and figure out other ways to keep them safe. This helps with that higher order of thinking as they come up with ways to stay safe as well. I remember when my class had a police officer come in and talk about some of the major dangers going on around us. Substance abuse is definitely one of those dangers today. Having the officer warn them will help them prepare for what will be coming in their life. Although it does not apply to school directly, it will definitely affect their schooling if they get into the wrong habits.

This tool is great to be in touch with more than one person because you are able to make groups of people as well. This would be great for collaborating with the other teachers as well. I believe that will be very important because you have to keep all the students on a similar track and in order to do that you have to be in contact with the other teachers in your grade. I'm happy I was able to find this tool for my tool of choice project. It is something I would like to carry over into my classroom in the future.

Displaying IMG_3502.PNG

Google Hangouts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation: Tool of Choice (Canva) Grade 3

ISTE Standards Creative Communicator: I communicate effectively and express myself creatively using different tools, styles, formats, and d...