Sunday, March 5, 2017

Animoto Grade 6

FACS: Strand 3
Students will discuss and participate in activities regarding family, individual care and development of children and interpersonal relationships.
Standards 1 & 3
Standard 1
Examine attributes and issues related to family life and the skills needed to enhance independent living.
 Standard 3
Identify aspects related to the care and development of children.
ISTE Standards
Creative Communicator: I communicate effectively and express myself creatively using different tools, styles, formats and digital media.
Educational Technology:
Standard 8
Use technology resources (e.g., calculators, data collection probes, videos, educational software) for problem-solving, self-directed learning, and extended learning activities. (5, 6)

I used the animoto website to create videos to introduce the standards we would be learning about in class. Some of these include learning how to balance time between family, career, and leisure activities. Having effective communication between family, and more.
This tool is very helpful for introducing a subject or showing and explaining how to do a project. I learn better by seeing something done and not just by an explanation. I believe this tool would help students who are also in my same shoes. They are able to see what they are learning about and what they need to do if I used the tool to explain how to do a project. It would have been helpful for me to have this tool used in my past classrooms. The one downfall is it looks like you have to upgrade in order to remove the water mark. Other than that I loved this tool! I also enjoyed using the different styles and templates to explore what they had to offer. It was also very fun to get to use my own music because it makes the project my own. The pictures shown make it more applicable to life because they are pictures from my own personal experiences. This makes it easier to apply to life.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation: Tool of Choice (Canva) Grade 3

ISTE Standards Creative Communicator: I communicate effectively and express myself creatively using different tools, styles, formats, and d...