Sunday, February 26, 2017

Youtube Grade 6

Using Youtube is a great idea. You are able to teach something once and show it to your class. It can be used over and over and if a student were to miss a lesson, they could go to the Youtube video and learn from that. They are quick and easy to use. It is also a free tool. This is a tool that I could see myself using in my classroom and it could be a helpful tool for me to learn from as well. The way that I used this tool was to show an introduction to students of the sports we would be learning. They will be able to watch these videos and get an idea for what we would be doing in class. This could be a great tool for math as well. You could post math lessons on there so that if your student were to miss a day, they could refer to the Youtube video and learn it there. It saves time for the student and teacher since both can be on their own time.
STANDARDS
ISTE Standards:
Creative Communicator - I communicate effectively and express myself creatively using different tools, styles, formats, and digital media
UEN EdTech Standard
Standard 8:
Use technology resources (e.g., calculators, data collection probes, videos, educational software) for problem-solving, self-directed learning, and extended learning activities. (5, 6)
Utah Core Standards
 Standard 6.1.3:
Combine movement with manipulative skills to reach a target and score a goal (e.g., soccer, hockey, basketball).
Volleyball Soccer Hockey Football Basketball

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation: Tool of Choice (Canva) Grade 3

ISTE Standards Creative Communicator: I communicate effectively and express myself creatively using different tools, styles, formats, and d...