Monday, April 17, 2017

Creation: Tool of Choice (Canva) Grade 3

ISTE Standards
Creative Communicator: I communicate effectively and express myself creatively using different tools, styles, formats, and digital media.
EdTech Standards
Standard 5
Use technology tools (e.g., multimedia authoring, presentation, web tools, digital cameras, scanners) for individual and collaborative writing, communication, and publishing activities to create knowledge products for audiences inside and outside the classroom. (3, 4)
Core Standards
Reading: Literature Standard 2
Recount stories, including fables, folktales, and myths from diverse cultures; determine the central message, lesson, or moral and explain how it is conveyed through key details in the text.

I used a tool from Canva to do my Creation tool of choice. This tool was really cool, you were kinda creating a little online book. The way that I used it was basically to tell a story of what I do at Disneyland. This tool would be great for students to retell a story by creating their own online book. This way I would be able to make sure they are understanding what we are learning about.

I like how creative students can get with this. They are able to tell stories in their own way, which would make learning more fun. I always enjoyed getting to create my own things especially when I didn't have to actually draw them because I am not a very good artist. It is also fun for kids to think outside of the box and come up with new and creative ways to tell their stories. For any students interested, they could also use this tool outside of class for a journal, book, or just for fun in their day to day lives.

It connects to the standards because they are communicating creatively, they are using technology to publish activities and create knowledge, and they can recount stories using this tool. They are able to explain these things in their own way, which I believe is the best way to learn. Since you know how you learn best, it is good to create something that you understand and can study from. It is also fun for kids to think outside of the box and come up with creative ways to tell their stories.

Canva Creation Tool

 Image result for canva

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation: Tool of Choice (Canva) Grade 3

ISTE Standards Creative Communicator: I communicate effectively and express myself creatively using different tools, styles, formats, and d...