Monday, March 27, 2017

Pictochart Grade 6

Utah Core Standards
Reading: Literature Standard 5
Analyze how a particular sentence, chapter, scene, or stanza fits into the overall structure of a text and contributes to the development of the theme, setting, or plot.
UEN EdTech Standards
 Standard 9
Determine when technology is useful and select the appropriate tool(s) and technology resources to address a variety of tasks and problems. (5, 6)
ISTE Standards
Empowered Learner: I use technology to set goals, work toward achieving them and demonstrate my learning.

I used pictochart to show the 4 elements of a story. Each student would make their own diagram using the pictures they want and that would help them remember what theme, plot, setting, and character are. They would be able to personalize it and remember these elements of a story because they understand what the pictures are and how they relate. This is why I chose the standards I did. For the core standards they are looking at the different elements of a story and how each of those apply. For the EdTech standard, they will be using this pictochart tool which is an appropriate tool to help them address a task of writing a story. They will be able to see each part of the story. For the ISTE standard I chose Empowered Learner because they are using technology to demonstrate their learning by using pictochart.

I liked this tool because it is a good way to show and simplify tasks. You can use pictures which is great because I feel like most people learn better when they can see examples. You could use this for basically any subject. There are always major things you need to know in each subject. As far as using the tool in my class, I would probably just make one that works for the subject I am teaching and have it hanging in my class so that my students could see it every day and refer back to it. I had teachers that had key points to story writing up on their wall and I still remember them. It has helped me throughout all my schooling. Pictochart could be used in businesses as well, not just in school. It would be a great way to show employees the main ideas of that company or rules that must be followed. It can be used for everyday life in the home for chores as well. You can really use it in a lot of aspects of life. I found it to be a very useful tool.
Story Elements Pictochart
 Image result for piktochart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation: Tool of Choice (Canva) Grade 3

ISTE Standards Creative Communicator: I communicate effectively and express myself creatively using different tools, styles, formats, and d...