Saturday, March 11, 2017

Tiki Toki Grade 4

Utah Core Standards:
Standard 2
Students will understand how Utah's history has been shaped by many diverse people, events, and ideas
ISTE Standards:
Empowered Learner
I use technology to set goals, work toward achieving them and demonstrate my learning.
EdTech Standards: 
Standard 5
Use technology tools (e.g., multimedia authoring, presentation, web tools, digital cameras, scanners) for individual and collaborative writing, communication, and publishing activities to create knowledge products for audiences inside and outside the classroom. (3, 4)

Utah History Timeline

This website was really cool. It makes it really easy to set up a timeline for students to see. It could be used for anything. You could even use it as a way to see dates for upcoming assignments in class if you really wanted to. Which gives this tool even more purpose. I used it for a Utah history timeline. I showed what it was before and after becoming a state. I was able to link websites with the timelines as well. This is nice because then students are able to learn more about that specific event and they are able to watch videos and see pictures of them. This tool is something I would definitely consider using in my classroom, mainly for history, but it would be cool to use for day to day use as well. A coach might even use this to show days for workouts and then put the workouts in the description. The possibilities really are endless for all the different things you could use it for in the world. Overall I think it is a good tool because it is easy to use, students have a visual, and students can learn more from the websites about these events and from the pictures and videos.
 Image result for utah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation: Tool of Choice (Canva) Grade 3

ISTE Standards Creative Communicator: I communicate effectively and express myself creatively using different tools, styles, formats, and d...