Saturday, March 11, 2017

Mind Mapping Grade 6

Social Studies; Grade 6 

Common Core Standards
Standard 1
Students will understand how ancient civilizations developed and how they contributed to the current state of the world.

 EdTech Standards
Standard 9
Determine when technology is useful and select the appropriate tool(s) and technology resources to address a variety of tasks and problems. (5, 6)

ISTE Standards
Knowledge Constructor
I critically select, evaluate and synthesize digital resources into a collection that reflects my learning and builds my knowledge.

Italy Mind Map

I loved this tool! It is super easy to use, which is great for me! Since it was easy for my I know that my future students would be able to use it to. The way that I used it was to make notes on a country, in this case, Italy. I was also able to add pictures with each note and you simply just have to click on the arrow in the note to get to the picture. This could be used for a country project. Each student could use this mind mapping tool to keep notes and key points about their country. You can also print it out so they would be able to have it in class. I liked how much you could personalize it. I used it to make the colors of the Italian flag, but you could also use it to organize things like, history, population, culture, etc. The reason I chose these standards are because in this project you can use it to make notes of how ancient civilizations developed, it uses technology as a tool for resources and can address tasks and problems, and it uses technology that reflects what you are learning. I loved how much you could personalize this tool even if it is just for your notes and key points. I love making these type of things my own so I really enjoyed using this tool. Students could also use it as a visual in their projects or even use this tool later in life for their own notes they need to remember. This tool can be used for many different purposes.
Image result for italy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation: Tool of Choice (Canva) Grade 3

ISTE Standards Creative Communicator: I communicate effectively and express myself creatively using different tools, styles, formats, and d...