Monday, April 17, 2017

Communicate: Tool of Choice Grade 3 (Edmodo)

ISTE Standards
Creative Communicator:
I communicate effectively and express myself creatively using different tools, styles, formats, and digital media.
EdTech Standards
Standard 5
Use technology tools (e.g., multimedia authoring, presentation, web tools, digital cameras, scanners) for individual and collaborative writing, communication, and publishing activities to create knowledge products for audiences inside and outside the classroom. (3, 4)
Utah Core Standards
Reading: Literature Standard 1
Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.

This tool was really great to use because there are multiple tools all in one! I was able to make notes for my students, assignments, quizzes, and polls. I used this to create an assignment for students to read an article, then they will take the quiz and answer the poll to test their knowledge. This connects with the standards of reading and understanding text, using technology to create activities, and using the tool to communicate. This tool will be great to use in the classroom because it is quick and easy for teachers and students. The poll is very useful as well because it shows the percentage of the classroom and their feelings on the article. This tool is something I would definitely consider using in my classroom. It is great because it can just be for you and your students to use. It also saves paper for these assignments as well and helps the students learn how to use computers and technology in a helpful way. I really enjoyed how simple it was to create quizzes and post them onto the page in a matter of seconds. I am glad I found this tool for my tool of choice!

Image result for edmodo

Miss Smith's EdModo Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creation: Tool of Choice (Canva) Grade 3

ISTE Standards Creative Communicator: I communicate effectively and express myself creatively using different tools, styles, formats, and d...